Well, hello there. I’m glad you stopped by my little place on the internets. Here are a few things about me:
- I was born, raised, and still reside in South Louisiana.
- I’m the mother of two teens.
- I am addicted to travel. Seriously.
- I majored in Music Education.
- I stumbled into travel writing in 2001. I kinda like it, and think I’ve done well so far.
- I created TravelingMamas.com in January 2008 on a whim.
- My name is on a few books.
- I do a bit of public speaking.
- I like being silly.
- I enjoy cocktails and good wine.
- If you want to pitch me with a relevant storyline, please contact me.
Blah, blah, blah bio:
Shannon Hurst Lane is a Louisiana based writer, mom, and social media evangelist. She’s creator of the popular travel blog TravelingMamas.com, which has received numerous industry awards and was named as one of Nielsen’s 50 Top Power Mom sites in 2009. Her books can be found online and in bookstores. She contributes to magazines, newspapers, and television shows, both domestic and international. Her passion is also found through online media outlets.
Shannon has presented and assisted with many conferences, including those in the travel and new media industries. To schedule an event appearance or to have Shannon work with your company and/or brand, contact her by email: Shannon at ShannonLane dot com.
All information contained in this site is Copyright 2006-2011 Lane Media, LLC and Shannon Hurst Lane.